Monday, May 30, 2011

Is Fraps worth it? 2011

Having been using Camstudio for a good while now, I finally took the plunge and bought Fraps which is currently at version 3.4.5

I paid $37 dollars which is roughly £23.00 and i feel it was money well spent. Fraps defiantly feels worth the money due to ease of use and great results it provides.

While i have enjoyed using Camstudio for free,  I had numerous issues getting it to work and each time I moved onto a new game to record I faced new issues.

Fraps has worked great from the off set and being able to record the game sound and microphone at the same time makes making videos  so much easier to produce.

I can highly recommend Fraps and would still recommend Camstudio as a good free alternative but only really for games like Minecraft and Terraria as it records windows much better than full screen games.


No comments: