Monday, June 27, 2011

Minecraft 1.7 coming out shortly with pistons only

Notch just announced minutes ago that 1.7 patch is coming soon, but the adventure update has been pushed back to 1.8 We can expect 1.7 to have pistons and some small bug fixes. No ETA on 1.8, apparently could be a while.

After 1.8 notch says it will be time to prep for the big release date patch, which will involve sorting all sorts of awesome stuff.

To quote notch

"That includes finishing up the mod api, improving stability and performance, adding supporting features like friends lists and a proper server browser, integrating singleplayer and multiplayer, and most importantly fleshing out the gameplay."


UPDATE - Release date is now confirmed for Thursday 30th June.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though it kind of made me angry when I heard about this, I still am happy (yet still angry at the same time) about pistons, considering the fact that I have used the original mod for quite a while, now. Since the adventure update will be pushed/delayed to 1.8, my guess on its release dates (for 1.8) might be July 20 - 30. However, if I'm wrong, my next guess will probably be in early August.

Unknown said...

Disappointing for sure.

I hope this adventure update ends up being worth the wait.